Enrolments are now being taken for 2024. Please find the enrolment form below. Please read the Privacy Statement prior to filling out the enrolment form.
If you are the parent of a child with severe allergies, please read the attached sheet below to ensure a smooth start to the school year. Forms and medication must be provided on the first day of school.
- Parent 10 Point Plan for School
- ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis (must be printed in colour)
- ASCIA Action Plan for Allergic Reactions (must be printed in colour)
- Asthma Action Plan
Foundation (Prep) Enrolments
The Department of Education (DE) has a state-wide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Pinewood Primary School.
You can find information and resources about the enrolment timeline and procedures at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep).
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Pinewood from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- To book a school tour to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process please go to the booking page on our school website
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
During Term 4, Pinewood Primary School runs a transition program for children commencing Prep in the following year.
What Is A Transition Program?
An effective transition program is designed to overcome the discontinuities that may disrupt children’s learning and development and includes preparing the children and parents for the new environment.
The program should:
- provide a positive experience
- prepare preschoolers for the challenges and demands of school
- involve systematic, individualised, timely and collaborative planning
- provide information to parents/families to enable them to share in the transition
Why Have A Transition Program?
The transition program is run for the following reasons:
- to retain the benefits of early childhood education programs to reduce the stress children might experience entering school
- to create an appropriate degree of continuity as children move into school as a response to the variety of children’s backgrounds and experiences as they enter school.
- acknowledge that ages 4 to 5 is a critical period of development for all children
- to develop strategies to help children start school ready to learn.
We are confident that at Pinewood Primary School we achieve all of the above.