Enrolments are now being taken for 2018. Please find the enrolment form below. Please read the Privacy Statement prior to filling out the enrolment form.
If you are the parent of a child with severe allergies, please read the attached sheet below to ensure a smooth start to the school year. Forms and medication must be provided on the first day of school.
- Parent 10 Point Plan for School
- ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis (must be printed in colour)
- ASCIA Action Plan for Allergic Reactions (must be printed in colour)
- Asthma Action Plan
During Term 4, Pinewood Primary School runs a transition program for children commencing Prep in the following year. Dates for the 2017 program will be available shortly.
What Is A Transition Program?
An effective transistion program is designed to overcome the discontinuities that may disrupt children’s learning and development and includes preparing the children and parents for the new environment.
The program should:
- provide a positive experience
- prepare preschoolers for the challenges and demands of school
- involve systematic, individualised, timely and collaborative planning
- provide information to parents/families to enable them to share in the transition
Why Have A Transition Program?
The transition program is run for the following reasons:
- to retain the benefits of early childhood education programs to reduce the stress children might experience entering school
- to create an appropriate degree of continuity as children move into school as a response to the variety of children’s backgrounds and experiences as they enter school.
- acknowledge that ages 4 to 5 is a critical period of development for all children
- to develop strategies to help children start school ready to learn.
We are confident that at Pinewood Primary School we achieve all of the above.