Library Resource Centre
The Pinewood Library Resource Centre was upgraded in 2011 as part of the Australian government’s Building the Education Revolution (BER) program.
In the Library Resource Centre, our aim is to:
- foster a learning and teaching environment that is student centred.
- provide an e-learning space for both group and individual work.
- integrate the Library Resource Centre with the school learning environment, which facilitates the culture of independent student learning.
- support reluctant and emerging readers.
- provide recreational reading space and resources which support a growing reading culture.
- showcase Children’s Literature to encourage students to develop their own individual reading interests.
- assist students in becoming individual users of reference and research materials and on-line resources.
- develop the Information Literacy Processes i.e. Define, Locate, Select, Organise, Present and Evaluate.