The Physical Education program at Pinewood PS develops the knowledge and skills required to strengthen students’ sense of self and to build relationships.
As a well-resourced school, we are able to provide a wide range of activities that promote health, wellbeing, safety and movement. Our multi-purpose hall, basketball/netball courts and oval allow for individual skill development and team games.
Throughout the year Pinewood students participate in:
- Weekly PE classes which focus on fundamental motor skills for Prep to Year 2, while the older students develop skills necessary for lifelong participation in physical activities.
- Year 5 and 6 students attend weekly and round robin sporting competitions against local schools which develops skills in competitive and social environments.
- Every student participates in a specialist swimming and water safety program.
- Pinewood Primary is very proud of our sporting culture and exceptional results in athletics and cross country within our school sporting district. Our training for the middle and senior students provides a unique opportunity to develop skills in a variety of events.
- shot put
- long jump
- high jump
- triple jump
- cross country
- The Pinewood community look forward to our annual Twilight Sport evening which allows students, parents, ex-students and staff to participate in fun novelty races.
- A highlight of the sporting calendar is the Footy Day match. Year 6 students play against the Pinewood staff in a hotly contested game with the entire school cheering on for their favourite team.